- In ancient India, saffron flowers were used to make yellow and orange color this was first facts about saffron.
- another facts about saffron About 80,000 saffron flowers are harvested to produce one pound (453 grams) of saffron.
- The aristocracy in ancient Rome bathed in saffron.
- In traditional medicine, saffron is used as painkiller, expectorant and sexual stimulant.
- Queen Cleopatra used saffron as a cosmetic.
- The history of saffron planting in Iran dates back to more than 3,000 years.
- Hindu (Indian) women put saffron beauty spot on their foreheads during religious celebrations.
- The purple flowers of saffron bloom only during a period of 6 weeks from late October to early December and harvesting has a special time too.
- Excessive consumption of saffron in certain weeks of pregnancy causes miscarriage.
Now its the time to experience highest quality saffron of the world and order it online all over the world with free and express delivery.